Menu

Front Forums General Maxwell Response Curve for Arch Viz

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Mihai Mihai 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Montecitoarchitect
    montecitoarchitect
    Participant

Mihai,

When doing exterior Arch Viz work, what is your favorite Maxwell Response Curve in the camera parameters settings?

Thanks

jw

Mihai
    Mihai
    Keymaster

Hi,

It depends largely on the look you’re going for, a more faded less saturated look or very contrasty and saturated. A pretty “neutral” one I like is the Agfacolor Futura 100. Very contrasty ones are the Ektrachrome or the Kodachrome ones.

For some of these you may have to change the Tint a lot in order to get back your white balance.

What I tend to do also is not use a tonecurve in Maxwell at all and instead use the Adjustment layer called “Color lookup” and choosing a LUT there (these lookup tables are essentially like changing the tone curves in Maxwell). The Fuji and Kodak ones included with Photoshop are pretty good and give a more photographic look.

Before adding this Color lookup adjustment layer though, I also add a curves layer and try to bring the ends of the curve closer to where the histogram begins. With Maxwell giving you a pretty flat default look, you need to move the left side of the curve closer to the right.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Newsletter