6 hours of video training taking you through the steps of understanding how to create any SSS or thinSSS material in Maxwell. The 15 videos are divided into the following topics:
- The volumetric SubSurfaceScattering parameters
- Tips on how to use textures with Maxwells SSS
- Creating a typical white very translucent marble
- Creating a glazed porcelain and how to also make it look correct when rougher
- Creating a typical creamy looking plastic for bottles
- The thinSSS parameters
- Capturing textures for leafs and other translucent materials such as cloth.
- Creating the albedo/normal/thickness maps.
- Creating a thinSSS leaf material
- Creating two different types of lampshade materials
Videos are in 1280×760 resolution and may be either played in your browser or downloaded if you wish to view them offline.
The topics covered in this series are still perfectly valid also for Maxwell V4. If SSS/thinSSS features are added or changed at a later date to Maxwell V4, bonus videos will be added to cover the changes.
- WATCH TRAILER 2min Free
- 1 SSS Introduction 27min Free
- 2 SSS Scattering and Coefficient 25min
- 3 SSS Asymmetry 12min
- 4 SSS Roughness and Force Fresnel 12min
- 5 SSS Texturing part 1 14min
- 6 SSS Texturing part 2 15min
- 7 SSS Marble materials 41min
- 8 SSS Porcelain 25min
- 9 SSS Plastic bottles 31min
- 10 ThinSSS parameters 40min
- 11 ThinSSS Leafs Capturing textures 15min
- 12 ThinSSS Leafs Photoshop part 1 25min
- 13 ThinSSS Leafs Photoshop part II 22min
- 14 ThinSSS Leafs Creating the material 19min
- 15 ThinSSS Lampshades 42min