This collection consists of 6 models, derived from 3D scans and retopologized to low-polygon quadrangulated meshes. This makes them efficient to render while keeping the voxelisation time and RAM usage to a minimum (especially important if rendering on the GPU). For detailed close-up shots you can also turn on the displacement in the materials, but for far/medium shots this is not necessary – the base meshes plus the normal map produce more than enough detail.
The collection also includes the wicker basket combo seen in the main image (basket, cloth, arranged squash models). Two versions are included – with and without the cloth. The cloth is very high detail and uses Maxwell hair and so takes longer to voxelize.
Please note that the displacement component in each material is deactivated to optimize RAM usage. The mesh plus normal map produce more than enough detail for far/medium shots. You can turn on the displacement component for close-up shots.
- *update 1.1: added an FBX version to the file Squash_Wickerbasket_MZ, which contains all the models and the wicker basket.
- Each model has 3 versions of each texture (4K, 2K, 1K) in order to minimize RAM usage.
- Maps for each model: Albedo, Normal, Displacement, Mask/Roughness
- Collection contains an OBJ file (with UVs) of each model, and 3 MXS files for each model (materials with 4K, 2K, 1K textures applied)
- MXS files can be used either directly in Studio, or as MXS references in any 3D application that has a Maxwell plugin